Financial services providers have increasingly sought opportunities to do more for their clients by trying to create comprehensive “wealth management” relationships that, over the long term, both enhance client outcomes and provide incremental and diversified revenue to the provider. To build and maintain retail investor marketshare, providers’ platforms must be perceived by prospects as easier, safer, or better than those of their competitors. To strengthen their client relationships in the future, financial services platform providers will not only have to develop digital applications that interest clients and prospects, but will also need to assure that they are being used frequently and effectively. This report serves as a roadmap to help providers pursue these goals.
Data from this report comes from an ongoing survey of more than 12,000 U.S. households annually in partnership with Phoenix Marketing International, an annual Cerulli survey of the largest providers in the direct-to-investor market, and interviews with executives across the industry.
Reasons To Purchase:
- Assess an in-depth sizing of the direct-to-investor channel
- Understand the gaps between investor desire and action in consolidating their finances
- Gain insight into financial services providers’ journey toward creating comprehensive wealth management relationships
- Review the most important aspects of an investor’s relationship with their provider
- Evaluate the balance between digital portfolio management and the human experience