The DC market has shifted to a focus on simplification and solutions. As a result, the opportunity for Investment Only (IO) managers has changed as access is less readily available. The role of investment gatekeeper in the small- to mid-sized plan segments has shifted from recordkeepers to advisors. How managers structure themselves, manage distribution, and build products are determinants of success.
This report examines the factors and players that affect DC investing. It outlines the current state and outlook for opportunities for asset managers and provides a tool for navigating IO distribution.
Reasons To Purchase:
- What is the IO addressable opportunity by segment?
- Which asset classes offer the greatest opportunity?
- What is the outlook for passive and active management in DC?
- Will CITs work in the small- to mid-sized plan marketplace?
- Who is an advisor and who is a consultant?
- How should asset managers cover small consultants and specialist advisors?
- How will shifts in recordkeeper strategy affect DCIO?