This report examines the current trends that are driving institutional investor demand for cross-border products in Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Colombia, and Peru, including private and corporate pension funds, local mutual fund managers, central banks, and sovereign wealth funds. The report focuses on issues affecting demand and creating opportunities for global managers of mutual funds as well as private-equity funds, which are quickly gaining a foothold throughout the region. Issues affecting demand include: recent and upcoming regulatory changes, legal limits that prevent larger offshore allocations, macro factors (inflation, exchange rates, and political environment), and competition with other asset classes.
Reasons To Purchase:
- Examine the distribution of cross-border products within the region
- Analyze mechanisms used by global managers to gain access to Latin American institutions within each country
- Explore cross-border asset allocations of Latin America’s largest institutional investors
- Review five-year projections of industry growth in the region
- Assess the current overall exposure to cross-border products