This annual report, in its sixth iteration, examines the ongoing shift among European pension systems away from defined benefit (DB) and toward defined contribution (DC) models, and the DC pension offerings that are emerging. It delves into tax and regulatory regimes, and how these affect the design of schemes, and the types of products they will buy. It analyzes product development, including decumulation phase investment products, the evolution of platforms, delivery mechanisms, the evolving role of consultants, and trends in fees for DC products. The analysis focuses on six key European pension markets – the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Sweden, and Switzerland -- and includes market sizing for each market, and Cerulli’s proprietary forecasts.
Reasons To Purchase:
- Review European DC and DB pension assets, including projections through 2019
- Understand how DC plans’ buying behavior is influenced by tax, regulation, and politics
- Identify emerging opportunities to sell investment strategies to retirees
- Identify successful competitive DC sales strategies in Europe
- Build country-specific, actionable business plans for addressing Europe’s DC markets
- Examine potential impact from recent and pending regulations