Thank you for your interest in Cerulli Associates. See bottom left if no jobs are listed or jobs don't match your skills.
Openings in Boston
Associate Analyst, Retirement and Institutional Markets
Headquartered in Boston with fully staffed offices in London and Singapore, Cerulli Associates is a global research and consulting firm that provides financial institutions with guidance in strategic positioning and new business development. Our analysts blend industry knowledge, original research, and data analysis to bring perspective to current market conditions and forecast future developments.
Our clients include virtually all of the top 50 global asset management firms, as well as industry service providers, management consulting companies, banks, broker/dealers, insurance companies, investment consultants, and private equity firms.
The position is based in the Boston office, and focuses on research related to retirement investing and institutional asset management. This role reports to the Associate Director responsible for Retirement research.
The Retirement practice focuses on the defined contribution and individual retirement account (IRA) markets, including:
- Sizing of the 401(k) market and other defined contribution plan types
- Target-date funds, managed accounts, and other in-plan investment solutions
- Investor behaviors such as advisor usage, IRA rollovers, and trends in financial wellness
The Institutional practice focuses on defined benefit plans, insurance general accounts, and endowments and foundations, including:
- Environmental, social, and governance (ESG)-conscious investing
- Consultant intermediation and Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) services
- Alternative investment strategies and liability-driven investing
The position is ideal for someone who is analytical with superior attention to detail, strong communication skills, and the ability to work autonomously. Candidates should be adaptable, self-motivated, and seek to build deep industry expertise.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in the development and execution of surveys, coordinating with the Survey Analyst to administer surveys, chart results, and deliver benchmarking results
- Aggregate information from proprietary surveys as well as third-party sources and review data for accuracy in order to summarize results, synthesize quantitative insights, and identify key trends
- Develop focused research panels and contact targeted participants to drive engagement with Cerulli’s research
- Schedule and attend research discussions with senior executives in the industry to build subject-matter expertise
- Capture detailed notes from research discussions, internal meetings, and client engagements
- Collaborate with other analysts in the Retirement and Institutional practice to develop monthly and quarterly publications, contributing both quantitative exhibits and written commentary
- Participate in research efforts by identifying topics of interest and providing input throughout the report cycle
- 0 - 3 years’ experience in financial services, preferably in a product management, research, or analytical role; understanding of U.S. retirement markets and/or institutional asset management is helpful
- Understanding of basic investing concepts
- Superior analytical and financial modeling skills with the ability to manage large data sets
- Proficient in Excel (e.g., pivot tables and VLOOKUPS) and comfortable working with a variety of analytical/statistical software
- Exceptional attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Effective time management skills, able to meet deadlines and coordinate schedules across multiple practices and concurrent projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to respond productively to feedback and make ongoing improvements to work process
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to travel as needed for client meetings and/or industry conferences (post COVID)
- Preference is for a candidate with a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, statistics, or related field
Please send all resumes to Alexandra Sorrentino, no phone calls please.