This annual report is focused on understanding the unique dynamics of the registered investment advisor (RIA) channel. This report provides insights about independent RIAs and hybrid RIAs for custodians, broker/dealers (B/Ds), asset managers, and other providers serving these advisors. It includes detailed analysis of market sizing, advisor attributes, custodian and asset manager relationships, investment decisions and product use, and practice operations and growth strategies. The report segments RIAs based on several criteria when appropriate, such as assets under management (AUM) and affiliation as either an independent RIA or hybrid RIA practice.
This year’s report examines the evolution of RIA firms over the past five to 10 years, identifies key factors that have driven a decade of growth in the RIA channel, and addresses RIAs’ changing dynamics with strategic partners and service providers.
Reasons To Purchase:
- Evaluate five key factors that have shaped the RIA marketplace over the past five to 10 years, including the challenges they posed and their role in the explosive growth of the RIA channels
- Understand the challenges that RIAs will face as the regulatory landscape changes and a convergence around fee-based planning reduces distinctions among business models
- Explore a complete sizing of the U.S. retail-focused RIA marketplace
- Analyze the impact and implications of advisor movement into RIA channels
- Gain insight into RIAs’ portfolio construction processes and product use metrics
- Examine the opportunities and trends in distribution strategy within the RIA channel